Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tinder Date #2

Tinder Date #2 - Dirty Stinky boy

The second Tinder date I had was during the March Madness playoffs. The Badgers had been doing well, and this game we met for was either the sweet 16 or elite 8 game. We met at the Vintage Brewing company on Whitney Way. This guy and I had been talking for about 2 weeks and he seemed really cool. I took a lot of time thinking and planning my outfit for this one to. I wanted to dress cute but sporty and it was still a bit chilly out. I did a good job with a badger t-shirt, black cardigan, red scarf and grey boots over skinny jeans.

I got to the bar and he was already there sitting on the other side at a small table. I walked in and gave him a hug and said hello while I put my stuff on the chair to sit down. As I was just beginning to sit down, he said to me "you have to go to the bar to get your drink." Ok then. I got up and walked to the bar,. I waited at least 10 minutes to order before he came over to me, and said that he was sorry I was waiting so long but if I wanted one soon I had to get one at the bar. Whatever, not a good start. I paid for my drink (which I am totally fine paying for my drink but it would be nice if he offered or paid for one - a girl always hopes). He also told me that he lives with friends, doesn't have a college degree and works for an electrical company - a job he hates. I asked if there was something he would rather be doing to make him happier, and he just shrugged and told me that he wasn't really sure and would figure it out eventually but would just put up with it. For me, that's a big red flag because I like a guy with ambition and motivation to always work to be a better person. If you are not happy doing something, then make an effort to change it, don't just complain and do nothing!

On another note, his clothes were a bit odd. I took great care, and hope for somewhat the same. He had on dirty tennis shoes (yes I could actually see dirt), jeans (not very well fitted or nice), a t-shirt and a black pull-over zip up. He also had a dirty baseball hat on backwards. I thought it a bit strange for a person to wear a hat on the first date, but oh well. As we started chatting, he actually brought up his outfit choice. He told me that what he was wearing, was what he wore the last basketball game we won, and he knew he had to wear them again. The last game was a week ago, I kinda laughed a bit and said "well at least they're washed and clean!" He shrugged his shoulders and said "nah that would lose the good luck, plus I didn't sweat too much when I was wearing them." I don't always wash ALL my clothes after the first time I wear them, but I would NEVER admit it on a first date!

After a bit, a spot opened at the bar and we were able to sit there to watch the game better. It was ok discussions, but at some point we were disagreeing about the coach Bo Ryan. At one point he says to me "no, you're wrong, that's way off, how could you think that or say that!?" I was a bit taken back by how adamantly and rudely he said it, that I just sat back and didn't say anything until I found a point to change the subject.

We order another drink - game is not done, but it was close at this point, we were just about coming back. Again, I end up paying for my own drink. I see some friends sitting on the other side of the bar and go over to say hello. We laugh about how badly it is going for me and that I should just come over there. Oh trust me I have even thought about pulling the super mean move and leaving when he is in the bathroom! I go back and we continue to watch the game - a little more quietly now. We order third drinks, and I pull out money to pay for mine, and he is looking through his wallet and swears to himself. He looks at me and asks if I could cover him as he did not realize that he didn't bring as much money as he thought. I reluctantly tell him ok and see that after I pay he doesn't seem that apologetic or unhappy about what just happened. I'm kind of disgusted and decide right then and there that I'm done with this guy and am wasting my time now. I don't think I was super friendly after that.

After I get home I get a message from him telling me that he had a good time, but he was off tonight and that he hoped it was ok we go our separate ways. I wrote back "I'm good with that." He sent a smiley and then I blocked him on Tinder (just like the last guy).

Ok lesson from this one: Dress nicely, (preferably not a hat) and if you are wearing clothes that you haven't washed, don't admit it! Also, pay for your own drinks and if you're a guy, offer to pay at least one for the lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment