Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tinder Dates 3 & 4

Ok so here are Tinder dates 3 and 4. Neither of them are nearly as bad as 1 and 2 however :)




#3
This guy and I had been talking for about 2 weeks before we decided to meet. We chatted for a bit and we decided to meet for a walk. When I think back to it, where we went for the walk was not the smartest choice on my part, especially with the men I have met in the past. Anyways, we decided to meet at the Super Target in Fitchburg and then go from there. I liked meeting him somewhere rather than be picked up of course. I get there early (all my friends know that I am either early or on time), and he finally comes about 10 minutes late. We get out of our cars and hug each other hello, he is a good few inches shorter than me. Now, I am 5'5" and to be shorter than me, is pretty darn short for a guy! I am not a girl that judges by height per say, but I do like them taller than me! :)


We get into my car and drive down the street to a city trail. We start walking and it heads into the woods...this is when I was thinking that we should have walked in a neighborhood rather than a trail but he was a nice guy.


As we continue to walk we tell each other about ourselves, but he talks A LOT. I only get to add stuff about myself when he is chatting about something. He doesn't really ever ASK me questions. He even tells me at one point that he knows that he talks a lot and for me to tell him to shut up if he does (like I'm going to do that on a first date). He eventually tells me that he thinks he has ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder), because he can't ever sit still, and doesn't like to just relax. At this time, I'm thinking: well then this isn't going to work because I love my movies, and I need to just sit and relax in order to stay sane! But I'm the nice lady I am and smile and continue to listen. I can tell that he probably is ADHD as he can't stop moving his hands, and I have to walk quite quickly to keep up with him (and I thought I was a fast walker!).


As we continue to walk on, we somehow get on the conversation of being married and not caring how you look. I have no idea how we got there, but he kept on telling me these stories of his friends that get married, the woman stops caring about her body and gets fat. I understand that if someone is working hard to stay in shape, then they would hope their partner would do the same, but I know that this is not always the case, and I am not ANYONE to judge a marriage and what a man or woman need to do to reciprocate. I was surprised he sprung this, and didn't really know what to say. Then again, I didn't need to say anything because he just continued on (almost as if I wasn't there) about women and how we don't appreciate being in shape as much and that most get fat after their married, so it will be hard to find someone who won't. At this point, I interrupted him and suggested we turn around. He was surprised, and asked if I was tired or something, and if I hadn't worked out that week. That wasn't it at all buddy but thanks....douche....


We got to my car and as we were driving back, he suggested we get a drink at The Flying Hound nearby. We had been on our date for about 45/50 minutes at this point. I said thank you but I had to go help a friend finish moving in to their new apartment (I had already prefaced this before we went out in case I needed a backup - ALWAYS have a backup). I think at this point he was a little taken back and said something to the effect that this was one of the shortest dates he'd been on. I just ignored it.


I dropped him off, hugged him goodbye and thanked him for the good walk. He said he would be texting me (through Tinder as I don't give out my number beforehand). I got home and blocked him on Tinder right away.




#4
This guy (lets call him Ted) and I had been chatting for a good month or so before we decided and had time to meet. I got a really good vibe from him and although he looked a bit dorky, I thought- why noy!?


We ended up meeting at the Great Dane Fitchburg for a drink - I don't like to do dinner on first dates usually. I decided to wear one of my favorite red dresses and clog heels. I don't like to put a lot of head/mind effort into these Tinder dates because usually they don't turn out well, but I ALWAYS like to look good!


I walked up to the bar, and instantly realized that he was WAY more attractive than his photos! He turned, we hugged hello and started chatting, although I became progressively more nervous as I realized he was not only very attractive but that we was a good guy as well. We continued to chat about ourselves, both asking questions, through one more drink. We then got a third drink to share because we wanted to try it together.


The date ended REALLY well, and I definitely wanted to see him again. I have seen him again, and cannot really tell you more from here as I don't like to write about the guys I'm currently dating on my blog. You will just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment