Thursday, February 14, 2013

Crazy Bachelor (Chapter 2)

** Please make sure you read Chapter 1 first **


Date 3: Since we didn't go to sushi on Sunday, I thought it would be nice to go downtown for it on Wednesday. He picked me up again and we headed down. Please note at this point i pointed out my balcony/bedroom window as it is on the front of the building. We got to Sushi Red and the lady took our coats and brought us our drinks and we ordered our food. He suggested as an appetizer, we get a piece of the underside fat of the belly of a tuna (I think - don't know what it's called). It sounded gross to me but it cost a lot and he was excited so I tried it - it was ok but a little too fishy and fatty for me!

We got our food and it was so yummy! We started eating and I thought it a bit weird that he followed my every move - which ever roll I ate he did as well. Hmmm. About midway through dinner, he looked at me and asked me if he could feed me. Yes...feed me. Now at this time there were people all around us, and very close, as the seating is limited. I smiled but said "no thanks, I'd prefer to feed myself right now." I started to take another roll when he slammed his chopsticks down and startled me.
Raising his voice at me he said: "I can't believe you're doing this, why are you putting up walls? I thought we had a great connection...are you really going to do this? You really want to make Dave mad?!" Yep he brought out the third person again.
I was so stunned that at first I didn't know what to say. The people at the tables were kind of glancing at us but he didn't seem to notice.
As he continued to raise his voice at me, I just put down my head down and was quiet. Now if you know me well you know that this is not like me at all. I just didn't see any point in arguing with him. I also wished I had my phone at that point because I wanted to text my best friend because after tonight I knew this wasn't going to go anywhere.
I softly said: "it's just that sushi is already so messy and we are around other people that I'd just prefer to feed myself, sorry."
He was not ok with this, yelled at me some more about my rudeness, and told me that I wouldn't eat until he fed me - I put my chopsticks down and said "we'll then I guess I'm done."
He picked his chopsticks back up and said "fine lets eat!" I started to eat again quietly but he looks at me and says "are you going to be mad at me all night?!" I told him that I get over things pretty quickly and it's all fine. He smiled and proceeded to grab my hand to hold it through the rest of dinner. It's like a switch had turned and he was back...

Finally I went to the bathroom and got my phone from my jacket on the way back. He was on his phone when I got back to the table so I decided it was okay for me to be on mine. I texted my best friend and told her that things were getting weird and I was a little scared. I told her we were headed to another bar.

I wanted to end it right then and there but he was starting to talk about how he wanted to make the connection deeper tonight at home. How he wanted to spend the night with me. Well, there's no way that I was going to let that to happen so I decided to try and prolong the date as long as I could. So after dinner we were going to go to the piano bar but that was closed for a personal party so we decided to go across the street to a small towny pub to play darts.

When we got to the bar I went into the bathroom right away to text my best friend. I told her that things were okay now and we were at the Silver Dollar. She text me back right away and told me to keep her posted. I went back out and we started playing darts - he had bought me a drink already. It was somewhat tense between the both of us because of what happened at the restaurant before, but we just continued to play and he acted as if nothing ever happened.

Well I just wasn't feeling it so I went back into the bathroom and text my friend again. She called me right away and told me that she was worried about me and wanted to come pick me up. I told her not to worry and I would try and figure out a way to get home sooner. She gave me the idea that I should fake having a stomach ache, as I always have stomach problems anyways and we had just had sushi. I thought this was a good idea so I put my hair up and went back out. I told him that I'd gotten sick in the bathroom and wasn't feeling so hot. He went and got me some water. I went back into the bathroom again and called my friend. Things were just getting weird between us and I wanted to go home. She told me that if I didn't get this done that she would come down there and pick me up and that her fiancée was getting worried to. I told her to give me 10 minutes and I would be on my way home. She told me to call her right away when I got home.

I went back out still with my hair up and Dave had his head in his hands at the table. I sat down next to him and asked him what was wrong. He asked how I was feeling and I told him that I wasn't feeling well and I should probably be getting home. I told him I was sorry but maybe the sushi just wasn't sitting right with me. He slammed his phone on the table and said: "You know I just want you to know that girls have faked being sick with me before and have later regretted it!" I couldn't believe he said this because he was admitting that girls have faked this same thing with him and also because he thinks he's so great that girls regret being with him! I just quietly said "Well I am not faking it and I want to go home."

Little did I know that the car ride home would be the scariest part of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment