Thursday, February 14, 2013

Crazy Bachelor (Chapter 1)


As some might know, I am on match.com and have been for a little over 2 months now. I haven't had much luck (obviously since I don't have a bf), and I will not continue my membership after this 3 months is done. Anyways, this is the crazy story of how I feared for my life on date 3 with Mr. Cray Cray.

Date 1: I had given him my number a while back in an email so one night he sent me a text and told me that I should come to the bar to see what I'm missing. I thought it was a bit arrogant but he sounded intriguing. However I did not go to meet him out that night but decided to meet up with him a few nights later. He suggested a bar that I thought was a little weird for a first date - it's not the kind of place that is good for anyone to make the right first impression. I went into the date with no hopes and very negatively. Better to be pleasantly surprised than disappointed! Well I was very surprised at the fact that he was attractive, interesting and seemed to have all his attention directed at me - which was nice for a change. We really got along and chatted for 4 hours! I left the date looking forward to hanging out with him again.

Date 2 (about 4 days later): We decided to go bowling which I thought was a great idea - something fun to do and no pressure. He picked me up and we went to a place a ways from my house. Bowling was fun, but there were some small signs that I was beginning to see that made me unsure of it all. He talked in third person A LOT, he name dropped ALL the time, and he kept talking about how well he does for himself and how money is never a problem. I decided to ignore them for now because I am often times too quick to judge and that's not fair to others.

After bowling, we were going to go for sushi but I wasn't feeling the greatest so we decided to go downtown to the Great Dane for some food. We sat at a booth and he wanted to talk all about what a great connection we have and that he was only on Match for a week, found me and decided to deactivate his account (kinda creepy looking back at it). His parents called from Mexico midway through dinner so he took the call. After he got off the phone, he mentioned that he couldn't wait for me to meet them someday - dude we're only on date 2! I said "let's just take it day by day." That seemed to bother him a bit as be frowned at me and mentioned again our great connection. Whatever. After that he took me home and we kissed goodbye.

Now in between dates 2 and 3 I had talked about my previous reservations with some friends. They agreed that I was okay to give it another shot even though some of those things bothered me. Don't want to judge too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment