Monday, November 28, 2011

Pennsylvania!

Visiting Andrea and Christian in Pennsylvania was a blast. I couldn’t have asked for a better trip. When I got there Thursday, Christian picked me up from the airport and we got home to Andrea around 10:30pm. We caught up for a while, and it was nice to get a tour of their new home! I couldn’t wait to see outside in the light (couldn’t see anything since it was night). The next morning we woke up, had some coffee in their morning room and then Christian had to leave for work. Andrea and I went to King Of Prussia Mall shopping. It wasn’t just one mall but two! We had a great time! We walked around, ate lunch, shopped and caught each other up on our lives – I have missed this!

As we were walking to the next mall (only a block away), we walked past a group of African Americans. Andrea was saying something, and then as we passed them, she started to listen to what they were saying. This chick came out of the doors and yelled back at the doors (to no one special). “She’s a dizzy bitch. Aint nothing but an amateur.” I tried to ask Andrea questions to make it look like we weren’t listening, but as soon as we got in the doors, we busted out laughing, hoping we’d remember that saying later.

*Note – it took us a week to remember what she said – way to go Andrea!*

That night we all cuddled up on the couch and watch Horrible Bosses – great movie! It was a fun night just being able to hang out with friends I don’t get to see often.

Saturday we decided to go into Philly to do a bit of sightseeing. Christian and Andrea had never really done that, so it was a perfect opportunity! We went on a double-decker bus tour and got a tour of the town. We saw the liberty bell, went to the Rocky Steps, ate my first Philly Cheesesteak at a farmers market, had ice cream from the first ice cream company in the U.s., went to Ben Franklin’s grave, and saw independence hall. It was a pretty cool day! This is the best picture ever – us on top of the Rocky Steps. 

That night we went out for drinks, and a bunch of Christian and Andrea’s friends met us out. We went to Club 24 – and danced the night away. Their friends are pretty fun too! Guess west coast people are okay huh?!

The next day on the way to the airport, we stopped at the Harrisburg Capitol. I had heard it is much like the one in Madison, WI. I agree, although I don’t think it’s as cool! 

All in all it was a great trip to see great friends, and I can’t wait to convince more friends to go back soon! I hope my friends realize that when I care about you, and you move away, I WILL make that effort to come visit – no matter what. Friends mean the most to me in my life, and I would do anything for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment